Being unhappy, experiencing humiliation and suffering from low self-esteem can be related to zit scars. Although genetics may play a role in the development of zit scars there are many natural, simple home remedies that can get rid of zit scars and develop healthy skin.
It’s important not to delay the treatment of your zits and implementing strategies to prevent acne breakouts. Early intervention will minimize and eliminate the risk of scarring.
Zit scars can be categorized into three groups – ice picked scar, depressed fibrotic scars and soft scars. The most common zit scar is the ice picked acne scar which results from development of a cyst or a deep papule. Depressed fibrotic scars are have sharp edges with depressed centers. The final category is soft scars which are small yet can be superficial or deep.
Here are a list of home treatments you can create in the comfort and privacy of your home to reduce and eliminate the appearance of scars.
1. Lemons or limes: The juice of lemons or limes improves the appearance of scars by lightening them. Soak a cotton ball in the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon or lime and apply to the affected zit zones of your face for 5 – 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
2. Sandalwood and Rosewater: Create a sandalwood and rosewater paste for use as a face mask to be worn for one hour or applied only to specific zit scars and left overnight. Rinse with warm water.
3. Tomato: Apply slices of tomato to your zit zones for 15 minutes to reduce the production of sebum and provide your skin with antioxidant benefits.
4. Olive oil: Use olive oil to reduce the appearance of zit scars by gently massaging the olive oil into your face to moisturize your skin and reduce the visibility of zit scars.
5. Honey: The healing properties of natural, unprocessed honey is so effective to rejuvenate skin and promote healing, it is used on burn victims as well as used to minimize and eliminate the appearance of zit scars and promote the growth of healthy skin. Honey may be used as a cleanser and as a mask.
6. Lavender oil: Soak a cotton ball with a few drops of lavender oil and apply to zit scars 2 – 3 times per day to promote the growth of healthy skin.
7. Cucumber juice: Cucumber juice soothes inflammation, heals zit scars, and tones your skin and prevents the development of future acne breakouts. For best results, use cucumber juice daily to remove dirt, make-up, bacteria and excess oil to reveal your healthy skin.
8. Egg whites: Soak cotton balls in egg whites and apply the egg white to your zit zones for an effective overnight zit zapping treatment to reduce the appearance of zit scars.
You can have the healthy skin you’ve always desired by using simple, effective home remedies to get rid of your zit scars